More stuff goes here:

10.12.2010

I keep repeating this, but you all seem to be deaf.

This is just another thing I need to get off my chest: Stop judging my life!

Seriously, guys, knock it off. Realistically, all you're accomplishing by chastising me is establishing a feeling of awkwardness between us, because you're not stopping me. I'm going to continue making decisions for myself, and if that's not okay with you, all I can really do is avoid speaking of these issues in your presence. That only makes life frustrating for both of us, because I know I don't want to hide anything, and I would assume that you don't want to feel as though you're being deceived.

For the record, I promise that I'm capable of making my own decisions, and if they turn out to be mistakes, so be it. None of this is going to change me to the point that I'm not the person you know now, the most it will become is a lesson in how to better approach things in the future. And that's perfectly reasonable - it's part of everything that we do in life. Because most things don't work out, but that never stops us from trying. We're supposed to take chances, to be ourselves, to do what we need to do to be happy, and that's all I'm doing here.

If you can't agree with what I've decided, then at least try and find comfort in the fact that I'm content.

At least that.

1 comment:

  1. People will always judge. There will always be people who think they are better than you because they have different hobbies, or a different living situation, or a different group of friends.Fuck 'em. Live for yourself.(In the words of Modest Mouse: "we get one chance to get everything right... and if we're lucky, we might.")

    ReplyDelete

Any response to this post? What are you thinking in general? What did you do on Saturday? Just comment already!