More stuff goes here:

1.20.2011

Revived from the black hole that is my writing folder.

I wrote this a long time ago, but I just got my computer working for the first time in six months, and I've found a trove of writings in my documents folder. Things that I had completely forgotten existed, and that I'm so happy to have back.

Now you can read what I've never gotten the chance to share, and goddamnit, you had better like it. :)



“Look,” she said, glancing into his hazy eyes, “I didn’t plan this.”

He felt uncomfortable under her gaze, but didn’t break eye contact. “You never plan anything,” he said.

She sighed. “All I ever wanted was to be happy.”

“And all I wanted was to love you.”

“Well somewhere along the way we both just fucked up.”

He looked away. The working parts of his mind had been slightly out of order for quite some time, and he truly never expected her to stay under these conditions, but he had hoped. Now he would give anything, everything to keep her here. “I promise to try harder.”

Her eyes watered and she shifted her gaze, her futile attempt to fight back tears. “Neither of us has the strength left for that.” As he tried to protest, she emphasized with, “And you know it.”

The look in his eyes hinted at the feelings she thought had been lost a long time ago, numbed by drugs and drinking, shadowed by a completely different personality. “I never wanted it to be this way,” she whispered.

She looked into the bottle that, moments ago, had been so much heavier. “I never expected you to be empty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any response to this post? What are you thinking in general? What did you do on Saturday? Just comment already!