More stuff goes here:

6.13.2010

Writer's Block: Forgive and forget?

Has someone you loved and respected ever done something you consider despicable? If so, how did you deal with it? Did you try to forgive them? Did it permanently change your feelings for them?

Absolutely. I'm sure it's happened numerous times, different situations, a million things, but there are two that really stick out to me: my brother's addictions and my best friend's suicide. And I do forgive them; these things probably didn't even register to me as counts against them as people, but they are things that I'll never forget, that have changed numerous lives forever. We'll all heal, grow, move past these moments and leave them behind as memories, but they were (may always be) huge things to me, things that have changed who these people are (or at least the memory of who they were) forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any response to this post? What are you thinking in general? What did you do on Saturday? Just comment already!