More stuff goes here:

6.11.2010

Writer's Block: Daydream believer

If you could choose to control your dreams, would you? If so, what would you dream about?

I think that, sometimes, you sort of can. You can at least get some sort of handle on the subject of the dream, even if you can't control every little thing that happens. And I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I'll make a decision in a dream and I wake up actually remembering making the decision - as in, the thinking process behind it, why I decided what I did, everything, as if it actually happened. Maybe I'm just a freak and maybe this is just a normal part of the dreaming process, but to me, it feels different.

Anyway, if I could control every aspect of a dream, I would do it - sometimes. I wouldn't want to control every little thing every single night, because sometimes I'm amazed at what my subconscious mind can come up with, and I really wouldn't want to give that up forever. If I were to choose every time, I'm sure there would be plenty of repetitive, blase old dreams, because I'm just not all that creative.

And with that being said, they would probably be things like my favorite moments throughout my lifetime (because sometimes we just need to relive them, you know?) or things that I wish would happen - my dream job, moments in which I'd like to live with my boyfriend, vacations I'd like to go on, what I imagine my life to be some-odd years in the future.

But they really would be rare occasions, times I needed reassurance, a happy thought. I couldn't do it every night, because then they wouldn't mean as much to me. And maybe I'm just being repetitive at this point, but this is my one valid concern when it comes to this topic; I just need it to resonate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any response to this post? What are you thinking in general? What did you do on Saturday? Just comment already!